Saturday, November 7, 2015

October 26, 2015


Such a great week :) This week Elder Duncan came to speak to our mission. So on Wednesday we had to go to San Jose. And that night I stayed at Hermana Peter’s house. I appreciate her more and more every time I see her. Oh and I got robbed for the first time on the bus ride to San Jose :( 60 dollars. ;( But the secretaries were able to help me out so it’s all good. But yes Hermana Peters is doing well and her and her companion are sooo funny together I love it.
               Okay so now about the meeting... well on Tuesday we got a call saying that Hermana  Hubler, Hermana Cook and I would be doing a musical number. Ya I was
just as shocked. But at the same time sooo pumped to finally have my singing moment. I still have the heart of a singer but the voice hasn’t changed. It was so scary I wanted to back out the last minute but they wouldn’t let me. But everything went well besides the fact that my lips were vibrating while I was singing. :)
               So Elder Duncan is amazing!! What really impressed me the most was being in his presence. It was so cool to see how he would listen to every person that would make a comment. The meeting was sooo inspired and I really learned so much. After I was thinking and I realized that everything he taught us was something I had heard many times before. Heavenly Father has got to be sooo patient with me. But it also taught me how if we aren’t continually nourishing our testimony and expanding our knowledge we will lose it. He said something that really impacted me he said that it’s not the church that is true, it’s the gospel. God doesn’t love the members of our church more than members of other churches. People from other churches do have very strong testimonies of Christ but the only difference between us and them is the authority to do the ordinances. And that we shouldn’t be discouraged if they don’t accept the ordinances. We should trust and have faith that they one day will. There are no bad people in this world. Every person is progressing. He asked us how many missions there are in Costa Rica. So we obviously said there are 2 and then he said NO there are four. Costa Rica East and West and then in heaven Costa Rica East and West. He said that when someone isn’t keeping their commitments we should say to them okay the missionaries are going to come back on December 15th at 3:30 and until that day the angel missionaries will prepare them. We need to work by their side!
               So once we finally got back to our area we went straight to Jasintas house. And she told us that she doesn’t want to get baptized. I felt like she was a total different person and it hurt to be honest. But after we got down to why she really didn’t want to get baptized she told us that her daughter told her she cant. After talking it all through she said she would pray and if God tells her to get baptized she will. But unfortunately she didn’t show up. God has sent her sooo many answers. That’s what makes it so sad. But she will get baptized soon. Fernanda on the other hand was soooo happy when we finally got to see her. We were shocked because she usually is a very calm person but she was just glowing and so excited for the next day. Her baptism was sooo beautiful. The young women were able to be there and support her and even one of her friends came and wants to keep coming.
               After church we taught Luis. Okay so how do I explain him? Just sooo cute. He has a heart of a child. One example, he was studying about the word of wisdom and said that he wanted to share an experience he had with it this week. He said he went to a party and they had a huge pig on a stick getting roasted. Then he said usually I would of eaten a ton but I stood up and left because I knew we shouldn’t eat a lot of meat. Extremely obedient. Gotta love it. We found him on sacrifice week and he has progressed sooo fast. But we haven’t even been able to teach him a ton. So the members have been visiting him and he has studied all the reading material that we have left him. He said that on Sunday his boss called and said I need you to come in and he said nope I’m going to church and hung up. So it was easy to teach him the Sabbath day because he really was the one teaching us. After we talked about his baptism on Sunday and he said wait a sec I just want to make sure I have something clear. I’m not going to get baptized because you guys talk pretty or because the church is nice. I’m getting baptized because I want to serve God and this is where he wants me to be. THANK YOU!! That is exactly how it should be. So ya he will do great things!!
               God is building up his kingdom and we need to have the constant urgency the help him. There isn’t a more important work to be involved in!! I love you all!!!!! Be
safe and Happy Halloween :)

Hermana Fowler


No comments:

Post a Comment